Once you’ve made the decision to become an income property owner we can help you with your investment by provided various cost-effective property inspection services for you. Performing rental property inspections help you verify and maintain your asset in good condition before, during, and after the period it is rented.
Regardless if you are a long-distance investor or a local investor we can provide the following support:
Fees – Income Property Inspection Services
- Pre Lease inspection or Purchase inspection $500 min
- Move-in inspection $300 min
- Move-out inspection $500 min
- Routine inspection or tenant complaint $250 each min
Pre Lease or Purchase Inspection
A full house inspection is conducted to determine existing conditions of the property identifying areas of concern. An action plan is created to assist and guide the next steps and repair options.
The inspection includes:
- Roof, vents, flashings, and trim.
- Gutters and downspouts.
- Skylight, chimney and other roof penetrations.
- Decks, stoops, porches, walkways, and railings.
- Eaves, soffit and fascia.
- Grading and drainage.
- Basement, foundation and crawlspace.
- Water penetration and foundation movement.
- Heating systems.
- Main water shut off valves.
- Water heating systems.
- Interior plumbing fixtures and faucets.
- Drainage sump pumps with accessible floats.
- Electrical service line and meter box.
- Main disconnects and service amperage.
- Cooling systems.
- Electrical panels, breakers and fuses.
- Grounding and bonding.
- GFCIs and AFCI.
- Fireplace damper door and hearth.
- Insulation and ventilation.
- Garage doors, safety sensors, and openers.
- And much more.
Move in Inspection
A move-in inspection is performed in person with the tenant and owner before tenant moves their belongings into the property. We provide a move-in checklist, along with photos and videos, to document the current condition of the property.
The checklist can then signed by the tenant and can become an addendum to the lease if you wish. A move-in inspection checklist also helps you separate normal wear and tear from unusual damages that you may be able to deduct from the security deposit (if allowed) when the tenant moves out.
Move out Inspection
When tenant moves out, a move-out inspection should occur on the day your tenant vacates the premises.
It is a good idea to schedule the move-out inspection with the tenant in advance. A copy of the move-in checklist will be compared to the current property condition. Photos and videos will be taken to document any damages above and beyond normal wear and tear. A summary document will be prepared and issued to you.
Routine inspection or tenant complaint
Routine rental property inspections are recommended to be conducted every six months, or more often if you suspect the tenant of violating terms and conditions of the lease such as having an unauthorized roommate, pets, smokers etc.
The tenant should be made aware that the property will be inspected six months to make sure that everything is in good condition.
Additionally, if there is a tenant complaint, for example “the sink is leaking” we will conduct a site visit to assess and document the issues and will prepare an action plan for resolution.